What on earth are you talking about… IBD what is that?
IBD – Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Ongoing inflammation of all or part of the digestive tract.
- Chronic, incurable digestive disease
- IBD attacks your guts
- Not a single disease but rather is related to two distinct diseases; Ulcerated Colitis and Crohn’s Disease
- Symptoms include: stomach pain, change in bowel movements, fever, tiredness, weight loss, night sweats, decreased appetite. IBD can play out quite differently for different people. Family history has a large influence
- Symptoms can come and go over a long period of time, when severe inflammation flares up
- Best to be self aware when eating food and stay hydrated
- A chronic inflammatory bowel disease that affects the lining of the digestive tract.
- It affects the entire digestive system.
- Inflammation can extend right through the thickness of the bowel wall.
- A chronic, inflammatory bowel disease that causes inflammation in the digestive tract.
- It only affects the colon / large intestine and only involves the inner lining of the bowel.
- Severe ulcers block the digestive track breaking the walls creating infection = absess. This can spread to the outer body = fistula
Abnormal tract from internal to skin. EG:
Intestinal contents entering the abdominal cavity – high risk leading to death if not caught.
Ileal-anal pouch (J pouch)
Surgically constructed internal reservoir
Ileostomy Bag / Stoma
Surgically created opening where the Ileostomy bag collects internal waste